Camil has a diversified portfolio of traditional, established and recognized brands has positioned us as a leader in all of the markets in which we operate. We are the number one player and have a significant share in the rice market in Brazil, Uruguay, Chile and Peru. We also hold relevant market positions in the sugar and canned fish markets in Brazil.
- Site: http://www.camil.com.br
- Camil is the owner of other brands in rice and beans, sugar and canned fish with relevant participation and distribution on specific regions of Brazil.
- Our geographic diversification strategy, started in 2007, allowed that other Companies, along with its brands, became part of Camil’s portfolio, whose production capacity reached 1.8 million tons of grains.
- In 2007, Camil acquired S.A. Molinos Arroceros Nacionales, or Saman, the Uruguayan rice market leader and the largest exporter of Uruguayan rice with a 50% market share at local market and 91% of production focused on exports.
- Camil acquired Tucapel in 2009, which holds the leading rice brand in Chile and is 100% focused on local market. In September 2010, Camil acquired the rice production facilities of BB Mendes in the northeast state of Brasil – Maranhão – and became the owner of Bom Maranhense and Mais Saboroso Brands.
- In Peru, Camil entered the market in 2011 by acquiring Costeño, followed by the acquisition of Paisana in 2014, the first and second largest packed rice brands, respectively in the country.
- With these acquisitions, Camil currently has 12 production facilities in Brazil, 9 in Uruguai, 4 in Chile and 3 in Peru.
Updated at 12/18/2017 at 12:03 am